Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brain Dump: 8/23

We've returned from Portland and it was a 'whirlwind of wonderful'.

We spent lots all our time with family and a lot transpired.  There was a ton laughing, some crying (me), 'oohs' and 'ahs' over beautiful wedding moments, moments of quiet whilst taking in family stories, and those moments where it became all to apparent how fleeting time truly is - it was all wonderful.

As an introvert, I reached my saturation point toward the end and as a result became a bit home sick (!), but all in all I felt like I got to know Matt's family on much deeper level and felt he and I walked away with a stronger bond.

Huzzah!

Oh, and for those of you (like me) who are wondering - Portland is not all emo/hipster/dirty hippie kids.  It's a lot like San Francisco, except cleaner, less pretentious and infused with some incredible landscape.  As a plus the people are friendly, look you in the eye, and put community as a priority.  Not too shabby Portland - you certainly made me eat my words. ;)

We're back into the swing of things here at home,

with some new things but most things staying the same.  We've started eating according the the Whole30 plan and both Matt and I (though only two days in) are really taking to it with very little resistance.  We aren't following the plan as gospel, but the meal guides and shopping list heavily inform what and how we eat and it's always fun, to try to get creative within set boundaries.  Talk to me in a week though, I mightn't be so optimistic

This morning as I was walking to work (not even two minutes into my walk), I walked past a trio of guys and let me just tell you, what transpired was the highlight of my morning:

"Damn girl, you're a tall drink of water!  Oh SNAP!....You smell good too!"

Admittedly, I couldn't help but laugh because, honestly, when was the last time you heard someone exclaim 'SNAP' and seriously mean it?  Awesome.  And because I have this phobia about smelling bad in any way, I did appreciate the smell comment, despite what a weird addition that was.
 
 

No comments: