Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

There is a castle on a cloud...

Today is is grey. And rainy. And, all together, rather bleak.
*However our herb garden is sprouting like crazy! (Yay for small victories!)

I've spent the morning needlessly pondering my existence and I think this existential crisis can best be summed up in this quote from Jo March:

"I want to do something splendid before I get into my castle - something heroic, or wonderful that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know what, but I'm on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all, some day."

Until that day arrives, I find my thoughts drifting toward my dream house, located in upstate New York (Nyack to be exact). And I dare to hope that whatever direction my life takes, hopefully it includes this house (and the 6.5 million dollars I would need to purchase it).

Happy Monday,
Amanda

To view more photos of the house and it's interiors, wander over {here}

"Welcome to Widewater-on-Hudson! A spectacular Italianate Victorian Mansion in prestigious Upper Nyack. Magnificent setting - 3.5 acres of beautiful landscaped prop with panoramic Hudson River views! A grand family estate; period detail throughout, formal dining, sun rooms, tower, lg 6 car garage, 2 story riverfront boathouse/guesthouse, 300' beach w/500' riparian rts & 130' dock."








This boat-house is idyllic!




No comments: