Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brain (and photo) dump

It's been a really long time since I've written a blog post.  I need to get the mojo flowing so, expect some posts of utter randomness from me, just dumping thoughts and some favorite pictures from the summer in hopes that inspiration for some semblance of a coherent post will come.

This is the husband and me (whilst a pickle ball tournament went on in the background) during our recent visit to Kansas for the Fourth of July to see some of my family.  His smile makes me melt.  (And yes, those are faux designer sunglasses. I'm not label obsessed I'm just cheap - turns out faux designer glasses are cheaper than Target brand - they were only ten bucks at a kiosk in the mall, who knew?)


I started editing messing around with some of our wedding pictures (we got married in October, 2009) but I got overwhelmed by the fact that there are 2400 of them to go through.  Still, it's so much fun to go back through the photos and relive the day.  I remember feeling such overwhelming joy and peace the day of the our wedding.  Yes, there were harried moments, and some frantic last minute scrambling, but more than anything I just remember being so filled with joy.

Speaking of joy...this face brings me endless amounts:
This is our cat, Thomas.  Matt's trying to teach him how to walk on a leash/harness.  He has a lot of theories about how to achieve this goal, unfortunately Thomas seems to feel that playing possum is the answer to all of them. 

These are my sisters.  They are gorgeous...and smart, funny, talented...the list goes on and on.  


These photos were taken on Easter Sunday (my favorite religious holiday of the year!).  Growing up our mom made our Easter dresses every year, and it was always something each one of us looked forward to.  The tradition still continues (in a way) in that each year we all look forward to finding that new Easter dress.  There's always something wonderful about buying a new dress, wouldn't you agree?

Matt and I share the same computer and one day he made this collage and put it as our desktop wallpaper.  It was such a wonderful surprise.  We look so much younger here, I think.  This was three or so years ago at a friends wedding.  We were waiting to be called into dinner and we started an impromptu photo shoot.  The photos are taken by a wonderful friend of our who has recently started up her own photography business.  

Last but not least, I thought I'd share this little chestnut.  


I was going through some pictures when we had visited the San Diego Zoo, and realized the pose of the meerkat struck me as familiar in a way.  When I realized why, I couldn't help but share. :)







No comments: