Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hit or Miss


Yep, that's me.  
And that face pretty much encapsulates my exact feelings about this week.  
And no, I wasn't drunk.  And yes, I have mastered the 'ugly face'.  You know, just one of my many talents.

It's been one of those weeks...you know what I'm talking about right?  Where the only thing that's consistent is that the week has been TOTALLY inconsistent?  
I realize how insane this saying is - hit or miss.  It's quite a polarizing, black and white way of looking at things.  But isn't that sometimes, how life feels?  Like you've either got it or you don't?  Isn't that the constant struggle of most women, and men for that matter...finding balance in their lives...finding the happy medium that exists somewhere between hit and miss?  I'm starting to wonder if that place ACTUALLY exists.  Perhaps it's like Neverland, and it exists only in that space between sleep and awake.  
It's gotten mighty tiring living at these two extremes this week; and I'm glad I've somehow made it to Friday.  I can see you Saturday...and you've never looked better.  
And at the risk of sounding ridiculous the only that is going through my head right now is Anne's cheerful voice, "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"  Why yes, yes it is.

No comments: